Coronavirus Updates and FAQ’S
With safety being our number one priority, Strive has been closely monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and news and we follow the advice of the experts at the CDC, WHO, and the US State Department in making decisions about our programs. To see their recommendations directly, click on the name of the organization and you’ll be taken directly to their Coronavirus update page. Additionally, we are in close contact with our local partners on the ground to get a first-hand account of what the situation is like in the areas our programs operate.
At this time, we anticipate running our summer programs and will continue to move forward with that objective in mind.
As the situation is fluid and can change at any time, check back for updates periodically if you are considering a summer trip with us and we’ll be in frequent communication with our enrolled participants and families as the situation progresses.
In the meantime, if you’d like to talk to us about it or have questions or concerns, please call us at 917-310-4259 or 612-670-6178. Below you’ll find some answers to a few common questions we are getting asked.
As of the most recent update, our programs are still scheduled to run. Strive will always make decisions that place the safety of our participants and staff members first, but at this time, we are comfortable moving forward with the plan for the summer. As mentioned, the Coronavirus situation is fluid and could potentially change at any time so please check back periodically.
In the meantime, please stay safe and follow guidelines to minimize your risk and exposure to the virus so the world can get ahead of this virus.
Strive staff and team members will do the following, many of which are practices our leaders and teams were already trained and doing before the coronavirus outbreak:
- Educate our groups about the importance of hand-washing and cleanliness and have washing stations or hand sanitizer available to our particpants throughout the day and before meals.
- Have disinfectant wipes available to wipe down surfaces/shared spaces/items during the program.
- Continue to stick to our safety and risk management policies and ensure that Strive group leaders get the proper training and are checking in on the health and well-being of participants on a daily basis.
- Continually monitor the situation both on the ground during a program through our group leaders and local partners, as well as having US based staff keeping up-to-date on current news situations.
Listen to the experts and heed their advice and guidelines. As a reminder, you can visit the CDC or WHO for the most up-to-date news from the experts. As of now, general recommendations from the CDC are:
- Social distancing – avoid large group gatherings and try to maintain a 6 ft distance between you and others.
- Hand washing – wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds! If soap is not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Throw used tissue away immediately. Wash hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face if possible.
- Wear a facemask if you ARE sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Make sure your elderly neighbors and family members are taken care of and be particularly vigilant of maintaing social distance with the 60+ population as this is the age bracket when risks factors begin to increase with each decade of age.