Coronavirus Updates and FAQ’S
Updated May 27, 2020.
It’s with a sad heart that we have to cancel our international programs for Summer 2020. We are deeply sorry that this is the decision that we had to make but with the health and safety of our staff and participants in mind, it seems like this is the only choice available to us.
With Peru experiencing a daily increase in cases and both Peru and Kenya under strict lockdowns with closed borders and government mandated quarantines well into June, it’s too risky to try to plan a trip in that amount of time while being able to live up to the high standards and guidelines we have in place for our programs.
While that is certainly disappointing news for us and our families who look forward to the summer season as a place for growth and adventure, Strive has been hard at work over the past month creating offerings that may be able to provide some semblance of normal in a world of uncertainty.
The first is a virtual training program though Zoom with two 3-week sessions that will begin in late June. This virtual program will have 4 virtual sessions per week with a small group of runners where they will be able to learn injury prevention techniques, have calls with guest speakers and get and receive feedback about their summer training. Registration and information page will be up by June 1st.
The second is a domestic program that we are hoping to run in either New Mexico or Arizona. As of now, we are planning on running this program contingent on a number of factors. The program will be 2.5 weeks and will contain all elements of a Strive international program – running, community service and adventure. Depending on guidelines and mandates, we may have to make modifications to how we do things but we are looking forward to putting together a high quality offering. Registration is open to all Strive families as well as other families who may have had their plans cancelled this summer. Page with all the details coming soon!
In the meantime, if you’d like to talk to us about it or have questions or concerns, please call us at 917-310-4259 or 612-670-6178. Below you’ll find some answers to a few common questions.
Unfortunately, our international programs have been cancelled for Summer 2020. Please check out our virtual and domestic program options if you are interested in an alternative program this summer!
Please continue to stay safe and follow guidelines to minimize your risk and exposure to the virus so the world can continue moving on a path back to “normal”.
Listen to the experts and heed their advice and guidelines. As a reminder, you can visit the CDC or WHO for the most up-to-date news from the experts. As of now, general recommendations from the CDC are:
- Social distancing – avoid large group gatherings and try to maintain a 6 ft distance between you and others.
- Hand washing – wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds! If soap is not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Throw used tissue away immediately. Wash hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face if possible.
- Wear a facemask if you ARE sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Make sure your elderly neighbors and family members are taken care of and be particularly vigilant of maintaing social distance with the 60+ population as this is the age bracket when risks factors begin to increase with each decade of age.