Responsible for the supervision, safety, and overall well-being of a group of 6-18 high school student athletes. You will be in charge of the entire group of students for the duration of the program (3 weeks) and will be expected to be available to your students 24 hours/day, if needed. You will work in close proximity with 1-2 other group leaders in a collaborative environment and will meet with your co-leaders on a daily basis to discuss the daily schedule and program well-being.
Daily responsibilities will include but are not limited to: putting together a daily schedule with a focus on safety, service, training and fun, checking in with students frequently to address concerns and see how they are feeling about the program, treating each participant in a consistent and fair manner, putting together programming for team building activities, coordinating with the Intern Group Leader regarding STRIVE talks, training sessions, etc, daily budgeting and accounting tasks and many others.
Group leaders will have their international flights covered plus all on-the-ground expenses for the duration of the program. In addition, each group leader will receive a stipend (dependent on experience) for each session worked.
- Travel or living experience in the region you are applying. (Preference will be given to those applicants who have more than 6 months experience in their region of choice)
- 2-3 yrs Group Leadership experience with 14-18 year olds
- Experience working as part of a team
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (Can be obtained after accepting employment)
- Ability to run 3-7 miles per day at high altitude
- College degree (Preference will be given to those applicants who have more experience but we encourage all qualified applicants to apply)
- Enjoy working with teenagers
- Experience with community service projects
- Strong role model
- Good communicator
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Coaching experience
- 24/7 availability for the duration of the program
- Willingness to put others before yourself for the good of the program
- Flexibility to deal with fluid situations
- Experience living/training/traveling at high altitude
- Budgeting skills